Frittatas are basically like making an omelet, except they’re easier. Instead of trying to fold eggs over a filling without breaking everything, you just mix the filling into the eggs, top with cheese, and broil.
Also, frittatas are good room temperature, so they’re great for when you’re making brunch for a crowd; you can make it a bit ahead and let it sit out while everyone grazes. And with leftovers, put it between two slices of toast and you’ve got breakfast on the go. Are you a convert yet?
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets (if using frozen, just defrost them)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Turn on broiler.
- Whisk eggs with cream until light and smooth, approximately 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter over medium heat in cast iron or oven safe non-stick skillet.
- Pour eggs into pan, sprinkle broccoli and half of cheddar. Cook until nearly set; bubbles will start to appear in the middle; approximately 10 minutes. Top with rest of cheddar.
- Place pan in broiler approximately 4 inches from heat. Broil for 3-5 minutes, just until top is golden brown.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve.