Sometimes, even the best laid plans get thwarted. There I was, after work, at a honey tasting from an amazing local company called Waxing Kara. Kara Brook has made some amazing products that are local to Maryland but she’s gotten some amazing national recognition. She’s even been featured by Martha Stewart! What an inspiration.
So anyway, I’m having fun tasting 6 types of honey (the Spring honey is my favorite), trying every possible beauty product you could imagine made from honey, picking out (spoiler alert mom) Mother’s Day gifts, and in no hurry because the hubs is getting the kids and we’re going out to dinner.
And I get the call. Plans have changed, can I pick up the kids? Dinner out tomorrow night instead.
How many times do weekday plans change? Or, even just a simple dinner changes on a dime? I can’t tell you how many times whatever I’ve planned for dinner is still frozen/ingredients have been eaten/no longer sounds good.
Enter the quick pantry meal. 15 minutes, only ingredients from the pantry or freezer, but amazingly delicious and wholesome. That’s where this Vegan 3-Bean Chili came from. It really couldn’t be easier, you probably already have all of the ingredients in your house, and it’s awesomely delicious.
What’s your go-to pantry meal?
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and washed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and washed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and washed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can chopped green chills
- 1/2 of a beer (or 1 cup of water or veggie stock if you're going gluten free)
- 1 14 ounce can tomato puree
- 1 cup corn
- cilantro, optional
- avocado, optional
- chopped jalapenos
- Saute the onion in olive oil until translucent, stir in garlic cooking until fragrant.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cilantro and avocado. Cook over medium low heat just until heated through.
- If the chili is too thick, add a little water until you get your desired consistency.
- Serve topped with cilantro, diced avocado and jalapeños.