I’ve taken to eating asparagus in protest.
The current temperature is 25 degrees. It’s supposed to snow on Monday. It’s mid-March. What the…
This summer had better be worth it, is all I have to say.
But it must be spring somewhere, because asparagus is showing up on sale at the grocery store pretty regularly now.
So I will take it, I will roast it, and I will close my eyes and think of short sleeves and grass and bunnies.
Roasted asparagus is the easiest thing, and such a delicious side dish or something to do ahead and throw into a salad.
It’s great to get the kids helping too. They can snap the ends, pour on the olive oil salt and pepper, toss it all around, and lay it out on the baking sheet. So the only thing you do is put it in the oven!
Also, I upgraded my camera equipment. What do you think?
- 1 bunch asparagus (about a pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Snap the woody stems off of the asparagus.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 10-20 minutes, or until desired doneness. The fresher the asparagus, the shorter the roast time for me.